Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On Cyberorgans, Synthorgans, and Surgery
So we all agree:
Surgery is annoying, complex and hard like the actual thing. Wich is nice, but we need more.

Organ failures are hard to pick up and when they are found... the patient might as well be DEAD and be cloned anyway.

It's funny how most people complain about medical being too boring and want to change menders every time and want to do more "doctoring" by adding things to the cloner to make it less attractive.

But all it does is introduce SR players and still the same healing applies.

So some doctors feel like Medbay revolves around: "heal booboo's, help players out of crit, clone when dead or SR when puritan."
And since diseases aren't as much as a thing in the game... they don't get to make much medicine to cure said diseases, thus making pharmacy just a glorified: "Stypic powder dispenser"

In my book, make surgery more accessable and give more scenerios to make it happen and to do that.. we just need some pathogens that can only be treated with constant medication or organ replacement.
Now I don't say: "Make it all infectious" more like... some pathogens can be obtain by doing x-y-z.
Like miners uncovering virus within the materials and the moment someone without protect gear touches it, they get infected.
And then add: "Cloning does not remove the pathogen"
Thus if someone dies of this organ destroying pathogen, cloning will just reset the organ death timer and only medicine holds it off till the organ fails again.

Eh... but this ain't a suggestion forums.

IN my opinion... Surgery needs to be made more ACCESIABLE 1st. NOT CHANGED! Accesiable!
Seriously as I said in an early post having a screen next to you saying on wich step of the surgery you are would help newbie doctors and veteran doctors alike.
If the surgery table has a screen showing: "You are doing: "heart surgery" your next step is: "Saw open the chest" will be most welcome.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On Cyberorgans, Synthorgans, and Surgery - by Kotlol - 02-08-2023, 09:00 AM