Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On Cyberorgans, Synthorgans, and Surgery
Hey all. I have an idea for a PR (if not the expertise to code it), but before I do anything I’d like to gauge the community’s feelings on the matter.

While I don’t play as a doctor, as someone who occasionally finds myself manning the cloner in medbay, or darting in and out while dragging patients (or myself) in during a shift, I can’t help but notice that there aren’t a whole lot of surgeries going on. Now, maybe they’re happening when I’m not there – especially given how quick surgery is – or maybe I’m just unobservant, but it’s quite rare (for me) to walk past someone getting an organ transplant when I play on classic.

I’d like to ask how frequently the community sees things like organ transplants happening during a shift, on all servers (RP and Classic), with a particular exception given to limb replacements. Every eager Staff Assistant wants to have treads, we know that, and I get enough roboticists coming into botany asking for two chainsaws to know that people want item arms. I’m more so trying to gauge how frequently people either undergo voluntary or emergency organ replacement.

Basically, what I’m asking is: how relevant are the non-limb cyberorgans and synthorgans for roboticists and doctors? Do they see much regular use? And how often (in your experience) do people require emergency organ replacements?

Messages In This Thread
On Cyberorgans, Synthorgans, and Surgery - by RelentlessGarbage - 02-07-2023, 10:59 AM