Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Inevitable Mindhack Discussion Thread
I would like to refine exactly WHAT i dislike about mindhacks (Mainly from a classic perspective, I'm afraid that nerfing hacks from a classic perspective will ruin them from an RP perspective, so any RP players feel free to chime in.)

1: Far too cheap for what they accomplish. 3tc for whats (usually) a buddy with stuns, alot of access, etc (since we all know nobody on classic hacks anyone but sec, det, and cap) and SIX tc to have that FOREVER. This is directly associated with Stunmeta i feel, which isnt going bye bye any time soon.

2: Sec doesnt have really any tools to avoid mindhacks other than "see implanter, batong". This means you can just walk PAST a secoff with an implanter in your pocket and with ONE CLICK, have a free antag buddy.

3: Minute 0 spief rewards. This means you can hack someone who has a Revolver as a limb spief and get one of the best tools in the game for the price of like, someones trinket that they'll probably give to you. You ALSO have a buddy to help you get MORE spiefs (not as much of an issue as the other 2)

4: Multiple orders with one mindhack. This is the one that annoys me the most but I feel this'd cause a major rework, which I wouldnt want. /tg/ has 2 items that do what  a Mindhack does, but with a directive instead of multiple orders. Mindhacks WOULD be nice like this but this would ruin the RP community and hacks.

If #1 or #2 get fixed I'll be happy. Not fun having all of sec mindhacked because some guy realizes he can buy 4 hacks for the 12tc (which is every secoff slot minus 1)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Inevitable Mindhack Discussion Thread - by Jackary - 02-10-2023, 10:08 AM