Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Inevitable Mindhack Discussion Thread
(02-06-2023, 10:57 AM)zcrow Wrote: I was thinking about ways to counter the really stinky mindhack-sec meta on classic. Maybe sec officers could have a lite version of the mindshield, and the mindhack implant works similar to the loyalty implant mechanic. That is to say:

Implant officer. They get zapped and a stun penalty, but are still technically loyal to Nanotrasen. If you wanna get your hands on that level of gear and advantage, you're gonna also have to bash that officer into submission before they turn hacked. That way, the option still exists, but makes it a bit more of a reasonable risk vs reward ratio.

I'd be down for something like this, if only so that we see more creative uses of the mindhack in general on Classic. Mindhack the chef and have them dispose of all your corpses for you as part of some sick cannibalism rite! Mindhack the Chaplain and have them wantonly kidnap and space people with the mass driver! Mindhack the roboticist and have them fill the station with buttbots turn you into a cyborg supersolider! More than just "ok, use your stick and gun to space as many people as possible, and when the mindhack is about to expire give me all your gear."

Additionally, at risk of being off-topic, I'd like to ask: can the Head of Security's special mind-shield health implant be duplicated via Ruckingeur Kit, or can any extras be found? (Obviously, asking the HoS for permission to surgically-remove their implant - even for the purposes of just copying it - will probably never go well, but I'd be curious if it was even theoretically possible to have more than one right now.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Inevitable Mindhack Discussion Thread - by RelentlessGarbage - 02-06-2023, 11:37 AM