Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Open Discussion About RP NukeOps
Personally, i seriously thing we need on RP:

1. More team antags
2. More antags that force a coordinated team effort of the crew

For 1, we only have conspirators. Or a traitor wasting 50 - 75 % of their recources. We had vampires, but these are non-vaible for team gimmicks since the zombie arm change. That is a design space that is somewhat lacking.

For 2., there is none. Except for a really robust antag that takes the rounds spotlight, which is a great accomplishment. This is the main reason i think nukies, as much as blob and flock, should be added to the game. People are left too much to their own devices and able to stay in their departments or metagroups. While this is normally good, i don't think that should be a thing every round. That's what antags are for. Causing chaos and forcing people to adapt.

There does not need to be RP with the antag itself. But rather around the antag. When people scramble around to fight a blob, that creates engaging scenarios. The prople make their own RP out if it, that's at least the experience i have with blobs, zombies and nukies so far on RP.

So even the worst scenario, the rampaging nukies, create RP, just not with the antag itself.

I think there needs to be a few changes before they should be added to RP, though. I think the easiest would be to give them the nuke just after minute 30. If they go guns blazing from the get go without the nuke, they should be reminded of the escalation rules. Maybe, if no announcement from the syndicate battlecruiser was send, and there are nukies at minute 20 on the battlecruiser, auto-send an announcement that tells the crew "hey, there is a freaking nuke incoming". The nuke should be the climax of the round, not the start.

The biggest problem i see currently is that we are at that point talking about changes to an antag for RP. While we have that with the changeling, i know that is a bit frowned upon because it deviates the codebase between classic and RP.

Messages In This Thread
An Open Discussion About RP NukeOps - by Wrench-1 - 02-03-2023, 07:11 AM
RE: An Open Discussion About RP NukeOps - by Lord_earthfire - 02-08-2023, 10:14 PM