Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Several musical ideas
Implementing new instruments isn't very difficult from the code-end (it's all essentially copy/paste work), getting audio samples is the more tricky part. Current strange guitar note choice is my fault, since when I implemented it I knew *literally* nothing about musical scale or anything like that, I wanted to go back and fix it after adding the banjo but the audio source for the guitar (which is the same free source for the banjo, trumpet, sax, cowbell etc unless they've been replaced, linked below) didn't have all the notes needed to fill the scale so it wouldn't be able to be played the same way as others, so I didn't change anything there.

Essentially: these are all good ideas, needs usable audio and some sprites if it's a new instrument. The source for quite a few of the instrument samples in-game is https://philharmonia.co.uk/resources/sound-samples/, which is actually a quite large sample library of instruments, I'm unsure personally which are desirable of these to add or usable from these, but there's some potentially usable content there if someone wants to add in something from it. I think it's fairly uncontroversial to say that more instrument variety is good!

Messages In This Thread
Several musical ideas - by Mantwerp - 01-21-2023, 01:25 PM
RE: Several musical ideas - by Flaborized - 01-21-2023, 03:01 PM
RE: Several musical ideas - by DisturbHerb - 01-24-2023, 05:33 AM
RE: Several musical ideas - by Mouse - 01-25-2023, 12:24 PM
RE: Several musical ideas - by DisturbHerb - 01-30-2023, 12:21 AM
RE: Several musical ideas - by Mouse - 01-30-2023, 05:21 AM
RE: Several musical ideas - by Mantwerp - 01-30-2023, 08:30 AM
RE: Several musical ideas - by DisturbHerb - 02-01-2023, 08:25 AM