Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight changes to security stuns
(01-12-2023, 04:54 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: You are not meant to be able to beat security in a straight on fight easily.

Traitors have the benefit of looking like normal crew. Security is highly identifiable by their gear. This means security is nearly always surprised in a confrontation, and traitors have first-move advantage.

If security and traitor gear were "even", then traitors would literally always win a fight of even skill.

Maybe even was the wrong word, security will still by far have the upper hand against antags due to having alerts, barriers, and utility gear. And from experience if I get attacked by an antag even if I'm alone and they surprise me, they will only win if they also have stuns or overwhelming force, stuns normally being security gear.

I've also seen single mindhacked officers depopulate entire stations with just stuns and cuffs so there must be an issue here somewhere

(01-12-2023, 06:51 PM)Kotlol Wrote: To add, antagonists can PREPARE things before a fight.
Traps, areas, routes, medicine, buffs, mutations, weapons.

Security can also prepare with medicine, buffs and mutations and I see it happen often, security with x-ray is not a fun thing to play against for the non-human antags.

But also even with preparation your chances of killing just one lone officer is low since it can only take them two clicks to have you on the ground and one click to call security over there with no delay, even as antags meant to win in 1v1 fights. Barrier and taser is just that good. speaking from experience.

Freedom implants are very easy to counter since as far as I'm aware they don't drop grabs and you can just keep them stunned to remove it due to 30 second stuns. you can certainly make good use of them but they aren't as good as you say.

(01-12-2023, 06:51 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Anyhow... this nerf is pointless. Traitors thrive in chaos and some traitors are better then others, but if you know your tools and routes, security will have a hard time deaing with your shennigans, but mostly TRAITORS ARE STEALTH ANTAGONISTS! NOT RAMPAGE ONES!

The nerf is still very valid, stuns aren't only used by security and they still massively overperform. Even with a reduction in stam damage due to how stam works most people will will go down in one baton or two taser bolts due to the natural tendency to run away from an officer trying to arrest you/antag trying to kill you. There is also still disorientate on all security stuns which makes it trivial to hit a follow-up shot or baton.

Stuns will still be very strong and desirable but just a tiny bit weaker on the stam, which again normally will still cause fast take downs due to actions using stam.

Messages In This Thread
Slight changes to security stuns - by Cheffie - 01-12-2023, 04:48 PM
RE: Reduce security gear stam damage by a bit - by Cheffie - 01-13-2023, 01:54 AM
RE: Slight changes to security stuns - by Cheffie - 01-13-2023, 07:55 AM