Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MarkNstein's thoughts on character-creation and antag-behaviour in SS13
While I get your point and I agree with a lot of it, I don't agree with all of it.

No one has to make a backstory to their antagging, however, for some people, they feel it makes their RP more enjoyable. Yeah, it's harder and it's definitely not required, and silly gimmicks can be very fun, I've done plenty...but, I feel that people should be allowed to do it either way, as long as it's not rule-breaking or disrespectful to anyone. Short improv excuses are fun, just as backstory lore is! Both can be good.

On the topic of "friendly antags", I strongly disagree with the sentiment that antags have to be lethal. Sometimes you can be a non lethal antag, and it's more fun than a murder spree. One of the most fun rounds I had as an antagonist recently was me violently forcing everyone on the station, on 4, to make a collaborative soup and then we all ate it. I threatened to kill people if I didn't like the soup or if they didn't participate, I forced the RD to put his portasci remote in the soup by holding a gun to his head, I twirled around my Orion and my Butcher's Knife, I had a full Syndicate outfit on and an agent card and voice changer, but in the end I didn't actually harm anyone physically. My reasoning for doing this was simply that it was in the spirit of Thanksgiving. And the gimmick went wonderfully. From what I could tell, everyone had fun with it, and I know I did. My point is, you don't have to be lethal as an antag. You can be an effective and threatening antagonist without harming people. What is needed as an antagonist, however, is to be notable. Try to create a story and bring fun interaction to the table!

Just like, don't be disrespectful.

Okay so I actually misunderstood completely what this post meant, I have gotten clarification now, I actually agree completely and my comment was kinda just me saying the same thing in a different way without realizing.

Human communication is funny like that!

Messages In This Thread
RE: MarkNstein's thoughts on character-creation and antag-behaviour in SS13 - by LuciliusMothboy - 11-15-2022, 05:02 PM