Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
[CLOSED PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs
(11-29-2022, 03:34 AM)BatElite Wrote: "It would appear that this antagonist has not managed to meet the expectations I and others had set for it, and as such i shall be closing this PR."

So what didn't work out about it? I wasn't around to see it in action, but it seems like something that'd be useful to know for future endeavors.

I have not yet been communicated the exact reasons as to why it will not make it into the game, but i'm sure it'll happen at some point soon. I believe the biggest reason is that no singular dev has grown enough of a strong liking to this project that they are willing to spend the time and energy required to make such a project go through.

When the public test happened, i got to see several people attempt to use the antagonist i had designed to the fullest, only to be brought down easily time and time again. The antagonist does have flaws which i implemented on purpose (E.g hit and run style of combat, degrading body, no inherent ways to hide your identity) which ended up making it too weak and likely a bit frustrating to play. I could go over and try to change those but it'd be a long process and it essentially makes this antagonist into a quite different one.
I'm going to be honest and say that yes, i do think it's a bit of a shame that all my work ended up not being approved but i at least prefer being told that it's definitely not going to make it early on, rather than spending several more hours of my life on this project to ultimately be told later that it wont happen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs - by Kotlol - 11-06-2022, 04:45 PM
RE: [PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs - by Kotlol - 11-07-2022, 06:15 AM
RE: [PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs - by Kotlol - 11-07-2022, 09:58 AM
RE: [PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs - by The - 11-25-2022, 02:20 PM
RE: [CLOSED PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs - by Bartimeus - 11-29-2022, 06:14 AM