Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
[CLOSED PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs
@Lord_earthfire
I could certainly add some more abilities that are gimmicky and would work best on rp if i get any cool ideas!
However, i will not add an ability to speak to the host since once the slug has infested a dead human, the ex-owner of the body just remains a ghost. There is no hivemind unlike changeling. A notable difference from changeling though is that if the slug decides to swap bodies and infest another, the old body can be cloned.
Also there is currently no special interaction with synth/cyberorgans. I could add a special action with cyberorgans causing the slug to still rip it out but instead of absorbing it they'd drop it on the floor and get no points.

@Kamikaze Mongoose
Good call on differenciating the ability names, i'll do that shortly.
About the traveling: Disposal pipes works because they are a fairly straightforward system with interconnected pipes that can be broken down by the crew to intercept the slug going through it. Toilets/drains do not have such pipes and instead rely on "magic" to be linked through each other. Allowing the slug to instantly teleport from one toilet or drain to another sounds like it'd be a pain to deal with and would force the crew to deconstruct toilets and drains on station, which is a lot harder than simply welding a pipe to cut it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs - by Kotlol - 11-06-2022, 04:45 PM
RE: [PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs - by Bartimeus - 11-07-2022, 02:29 AM
RE: [PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs - by Kotlol - 11-07-2022, 06:15 AM
RE: [PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs - by Kotlol - 11-07-2022, 09:58 AM
RE: [PR] New antagonist : Brain slugs - by The - 11-25-2022, 02:20 PM