Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[MERGED PR] Nadir changeling rebalance: near-total immunity to aqua tenebrae
(10-30-2022, 08:31 AM)Kubius Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 10:36 PM)Zafhset Wrote: Honestly, Nadir's design around the acid ocean is deliberate - can we stop encouraging changes where only the crew has to deal with it in full while antags don't?

Having to change your playstyle or approach to antagging is a good thing. You can play as the free spacing ling on all space maps, while on oshan and nadir you have both sides being able to free walk outside or not at all.

Philosophically, I agree with this in general; however, changelings in particularly have a very rough time on Nadir as-is, because of how hard they tend to get pursued once their existence becomes public knowledge and the relative lack of obscure spaces.

My main concern with indefinite and "drawback-less" protection, as brought up by Chatauscours, is that a changeling might be encouraged to simply disassemble the entire station in order to flood the entire station in acid and operate with relative impunity; however, I do believe some extent of acid resilience (even with a capability drawback or partial protection drawback to mitigate that concern) would be overall beneficial to the Changeling experience on Nadir, especially as it relates to shamblers.

Even those with a suit can do the same... I think the changeling being a more "creature of the deep type" is a cool change.
Insted of the changeling walking into the acid ocean right away.. they "mutate" something that will reveal their idenity as a changeling when coming into contact with acid water.

Sure now breaches...can force the changeling to shed their skin and reveal themselves...but hey... now breach strategies won't happen on Nadir.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Nadir changeling rebalance: near-total immunity to aqua tenebrae - by Kotlol - 10-30-2022, 09:39 AM