Jacob Waltz HoS Application
Usual character name: Jacob Waltz, Kira Broin, or Mendicant
BYOND username:Jacob_waltz
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Jacob Waltz
Goon servers you play:3,4, and five when there are events.

Reason for application: A desire to play a more serious role and gain more new experiences.

Security experience (300 word minimum):I’ve started play security more as of a few months ago, jumping off and on assistant and officer from time to time. Kira Broin is my first attempt at a security officer focused character and I’ve spent a decent number of rounds getting used to the job. So far I’ve encountered and dealt with every antagonist that can normally be encountered on RP, as well as a few that are not standard. I try to give them a chance to play the round more, maybe get their gimmick going and see what they have in store for security as a whole. I’ve assisted and learned many things playing in the community the last few years, and hope to learn more that I might be as robust as some of the people I admire who play HoS more regularly. All in all I think so far I’ve played a hundred or two rounds of security, and will continue to learn. I’ve spent a long time agonizing over whether I’m being too strict, or too lenient at times. It’s a thing I still struggle with, so I often have one of the space law wiki articles up on a second monitor to give myself a refresher, sometimes the contraband list too, but only if I’m being forgetful. I wouldn’t be applying if I hadn’t been encouraged to play by other members of security teams across many many rounds. I’ve arrested and ticketed people, sent them to be questioned, and questioned them myself.  A fair amount of my experience so far has been learning by watching and interacting with security as the AI of a station and basing a lot of what I want to do and from myself by seeing what I see as fair. Both to the station, and to the people playing antagonist, because without them the rounds wouldn’t be as fun as they could be. At least, not always.

Answer two or more of the following:

• As advice to other sec offs, either new or old, don’t be afraid to try talking to the “suspect/perp/crimer” first, more often than not I’ve found that they can have a lot more peace in them than you might expect.
• I think my favourite round interacting with security so far was a round in which I started in science, and bought a surplus crate with traitor coins. It gave me two teleport guns, an agent card, and a vuvuzela gun. I snuck into captain’s quarters for the spare and applied it to my agent card. Then I went around station causing minor crime here and there, until sec caught on. Then I led them on a wild pod chase for a good while, using teleport gun charges and other tricks up my sleave to evade and confuse them, I think the whole thing lasted around 10 minutes until I got away. They told me afterwards it was a blast and I agreed. At the end of the round I simply snuck into the escape shuttle bridge and made it smoothly home. I think it will always be one of my favourite rounds.
• As far as play style differences solo to group, I have one or two. When solo I tend to be a bit more, stun first ask questions later, mostly if the opponent is armed, though I don’t always have that option. In groups I try to rely on my team as much as doing what I can before they arrive on scene, often times I’ve found a rapid response, while helpful, doesn’t achieve what you want and will just get you hurt or killed.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Sketch of Topaz Dragon, will finish when less tired.
[Image: 5kacU5c]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None

Thanks for reading!

Messages In This Thread
Jacob Waltz HoS Application - by JacobwWaltz - 10-20-2022, 01:21 AM
RE: Jacob Waltz HoS Application - by nefarious6th - 10-24-2022, 04:55 PM
RE: Jacob Waltz HoS Application - by Katzen - 12-28-2022, 03:05 AM