Luca's Mentor Application !
Usual character name: Corbin Dabra, Antares Mandela, Lux Noctis, Ianis Mandela, Sorin Vasile, Phibi Kefehifi (might be misspelled), Nicholas Clockwork, Lucilius Mothwing, Rosaria Thorn, Abraka Dabra, and Spare Parts ! I think that's all of them.
BYOND username: LuciliusMothboy
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Luca (Corbin, Antares +), or Mothboy#8289 (sorry couldn't exactly tell what you wanted hsjfhk)

Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: 1, 3, and 4 mostly! 

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I don't remember exactly when I began playing, since I have fairly poor memory, but I know I joined the Discord on July 6th. I think I started the game in late June, so really I have 3.5 months of experience. Still, I very quickly came to adore this game and the people I've met here, and most of the learning has been fairly simple for me, for the most part (I still can not understand for the life of me toxins, engineering, or packets.)

I know I'm not an expert at this game, but I've found that I love teaching players, both new and old, and I think that I might, possibly, have what it takes to be a mentor. Regardless, it is something that I genuinely would love to do. I love teaching and watching as others grow and learn, it's truly something that makes me happy. And I want to help newer players enjoy the game in anyway they can! I also would love to help experienced players who forgot how to do something and need a refresher or just simply haven't learned it yet.

As for what I can actually do, I can teach basic game mechanics, assist with chemistry, bartending, and cooking, do some botany (although I'm not insanely good at it), teach someone how to make borgs, guardbuddies, or build a pod, teach most things Medbay, teach Telescience, may be able to teach Artlab although I myself need a refresher on specific commands for it since I haven't done it in a while, stuff like that!

Additionally, I have played a range of antagonists that includes; Traitor, Spy/Thief, Nuclear Operative, Arcfiend, Changeling, Vampire, and have also become a plague rat for a Wraith once on Classic. If people have questions regarding playing these antagonists, I might be able to assist! I also have been an AI and borg before, although I don't have much experience with them.

While I do not know everything about this game and am not the most experienced, I still truly do have the wish and drive to help others learn as much as I can and provide needed information to the best of my ability! Even if my application isn't accepted, I'll still very gladly continue trying to help people in game who seem lost or confused, or are having trouble.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I've gotten accidental IP bans before, due to my IP unfortunately being very similar to someone who is banned permanently, which got lifted after my mom and I informed administration that we were not the person that ban applied to and accidentally got it. I know that doesn't exactly count since it's nothing I did, but I think I should at least mention it. I've also been in Discord timeout once and was once muted on Discord. I've gotten a few Admin PMs in game due to me messing up and doing stuff I shouldn't have, although I try my best to listen to administrators and correct bad behaviors. I know I don't have to include this, since, again, those were not bans, but I feel that I should.

Messages In This Thread
Luca's Mentor Application ! - by LuciliusMothboy - 10-15-2022, 05:13 PM
RE: Luca's Mentor Application ! - by nefarious6th - 10-15-2022, 08:53 PM
RE: Luca's Mentor Application ! - by Retrino - 10-16-2022, 10:46 AM
RE: Luca's Mentor Application ! - by Carton - 10-17-2022, 08:03 PM
RE: Luca's Mentor Application ! - by mab - 10-24-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: Luca's Mentor Application ! - by Katzen - 12-28-2022, 03:04 AM