Mentor Application - Chatauscours (Alex Wilo)
Usual character name: Alex Wilo
BYOND username: Chatauscours
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Chatauscours#3532
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Goon servers you play: Goon 3 and 4 mainly, hop on 1 once in a while

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
The main reason for my application is that I just like to help people, both in game and in the discord, and that becoming a mentor would let me help people when they need it the most, and by that I mean in game when nobody else is around to help them or when they are too uncomfortable of asking people in person.

I have started playing on Goon around a year ago and instantly fell in love with the game. My first rounds were as a doctor, which is a job I love to this day and play quite often. From saving desperate cases while shouting "CLEAR!" before deffibing, to doing clown surgery or doing random health checkups with penlights and stethoscopes, I find the doctor to be a good starting job, where I love to teach new doctors, and a fantastic job to RP as.
Then I have one day I tried bartendering and cooking, which led to a lot of fun chats, and opened to me the great world of chemistry ang, which made me do some good cocktails, or even deadly cocktails as an antagonist, which led to even more fun shenanigans.
And doing crime let me interact with security, which I soon after tried, and absolutely fell in love with. From going around and chatting with the crew, to doing intense chases and shootouts with heavily armed antagonists, I found it to be the job the most adapted to myself. It is the job where I shine, knowing all of the inside outs of crime and how to fight it, as well as how to make a desperate round fun for all parties included. This is the job where I enjoy teaching new people the most, due to the amount of interesting mechanics there is to learn, ranging from the barrier deflect to the printing option on the forensic scanner, and it is the job that I play the most today.
In engineering, I love building things as a mechanic, that will usually include packet hacking and volunteers found in the process of building the thing. And while I can only make the TEG run so well, still to a decent level though, I absolutely love the singularity and making it reach dimensions over 20 by 20 in size, and usually taking a good chuck of engineering with it.
On the other side, I absolutely love QM and mining, and teaching people how to QM and mine, with the great amount of strategies on how to make a lot of money through them and achieve the golden floored department or any other genius idea that comes in mind.
Civilian jobs like botany, cooking and janitorial are something I enjoy as well, with its great RP potential and high learning ceiling, especially in ranching with all the chickens that we can make, and the fun we can have with, now, a second rancher to break space and time with.

To sum it up, I believe I have experience in all roles, somewhere more somewhere less, and I enjoy learning things in roles where I know less, and teaching other people in roles where I know more. My main goal is, and will always remain, to make Goon a better place, both for the old folk and the new one.
Thank you for your attention, and stay safe.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - Chatauscours (Alex Wilo) - by Chatauscours - 10-12-2022, 01:34 PM