Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
More ways for beepsky to set you to arrest
(10-12-2022, 03:28 PM)Glamurio Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 04:31 AM)Chatauscours Wrote: Just to clarify, the arrest status gets set if the crime is done in the field of view of a camera, and not beepsky.

Then how about reworking it so arrest is only set when the crime is witnessed withing X tiles of Beepsky? That way it's less punishing if people break into somewhere, but Beepsky still remains relevant. I think being set to arrest isn't a bad thing personally, a lot of times (at least on RP), arrest warrants lead to more gameplay and interaction, not necessarily hostilities.

On Classic, being set to arrest -is- a big deal, it leads to situations such as being set to arrest for the rest of the round because security is apathetic or busy, and in some cases can lead to security/everyone with a SecHud leaving you to die because you are valid enough to be on arrest (I've seen jailbird-trait-havers be killed for nothing).

Not saying that that's proper security procedure, it's pretty much ahelp-able, but in practise this would lead to an incredible amount of arrest statuses in a round, even if it's just in Beepskys field of view. I say just rely on actual players reporting breakage/entry and assault to security.

Messages In This Thread
RE: More ways for beepsky to set you to arrest - by Deep-Freeze-Defender - 10-13-2022, 07:13 AM