Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A serious discussion about the state of monkeys
(10-10-2022, 10:28 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: Last but not least, i don't think any if this is QOL. These are serious repercussions, like being unable to talk without a translator. We don't call the mimes vow of silence a QOL-issue. Like with the mime, the monkey translator is central to the RP of a monkey and needs to be played around. The best monkey rounds i had where the ones where i chosen to have no translator and communicated with emotes, chimpers and screams.

This debate been done to death lately.
"GIVE MONKEYS RACE UNLOCK"
"GIVE MONKEYS VOCAL TRANSLATORS"
"GIVE --"

No...
The clown and mime have a similiar problem that they can't wear their masks without internals either, but it was decided that it was in the VEIN of clown/mimery that it was fine. You chose this life. (Similiar anyone who dresses up like the clown who isn't the clown gets the same thing.)

There are alot of fashion choices who get disabled when they need internals.

So I see monkey as a similiar thing, fashion.
If not.. I agree with Lord Earthfire.

There are a lot of design choices being there on purpose to make certain things harder or more annoying to deal with, cause guess what? that's fun/funny.
Alot of things in Goon Station are the way they are cause if you chose this, you gotta deal with it.
Though some things get tweaked or changed for the betterment.

Some things do not get changed at all. We don't see clowns make more salary/space bux cause it's part of being a clown.
We don't remove the tedium of good burns as engineers cause then we get the singularity engine problem.
We don't remove DWAINE from science, cause it's tedious but fun to mess with.
And we don't remove farting, cause it has a gameplay mechanic and is part of Goon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A serious discussion about the state of monkeys - by Kotlol - 10-11-2022, 03:18 AM