Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Making chemistry more user friendly
(10-09-2022, 09:39 PM)Scaltra Wrote: A friend of mine brought up an idea at one point for an in-game catalog of sorts (maybe like a chem records computer?) Where you could search for all sorts of chemicals that people ask for from the request thing or on your own time. It tells you what it is, how to make it etc. Stuff like secret chemicals could have redacted descriptions or something about them entirely. Could add all sorts of flavor with the text used in it as well as the descriptions of the chemical. 

Would be pretty nice to have an in-game catalog where a chemist can do what they would have done with Cntrl F on the chemicals page of the wiki. Plus some added NT research team/ NT management in-game flair.

This is generally a good idea. Something like a wikipedia, but in-game instead. I love the wiki, honestly, without it I wouldn't have even felt comfortable getting into SS13, but there's something to be said about remembering the sheer volume of recipes in the game, every once in a while you are met with something that makes you go "hang on, how do I make that again?"

This honestly doubles for cooking as well, as it's pretty much the same principle. What springs to mind immediately is the little chicken chart that ranchers start with that have a diagram of which chickens to make in what way, something similar could surely be made with chemicals, not necessarily all of them, but a large amount. That's an easy visual guide to follow.

Messages In This Thread
Making chemistry more user friendly - by Retrino - 10-09-2022, 12:39 PM
RE: Making chemistry more user friendly - by Glamurio - 10-10-2022, 06:31 AM