Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something about halloween critters
I'm assuming there's talk about this already on the admin side, but I felt a forum post would be a good call to gauge what the community wants done as well.

Halloween critters were taken off of the HoS whitelist recently. I had seen misuse of them even before that, but since the change there's been an increase of people using the critters to powergame. I feel a big issue is for the wider playerbase, it's actually very confusing on where these roles stand and what they're allowed to do.

First issue is walking under doors. I've been seeing countless halloween critters use this to info game and shutdown antags and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If it's not for validhunting, it's for doing low-blows like murdering the rancher's chickens.

Second issue, bumblespiders. They come with the spider's base kit of abilities without the evolution mechanic which is a huge issue. There's been lots of talk about bumbles shutting down antags on classic lately with their stun ability, interfering on sec v antag stuff in a way that just feels cheap and unfun. Even if you don't intend it to, an antag or valid-hunting crewmate can use a bumble's existence to kill or drag off anyone you stun. These abilities need to be removed imo, or reinstate the whitelist.

Personally I'd rather not keep the whitelist and just remove the bumble's stuns and give all of them the inability to walk under doors, then see how that is. Removal or reinstating the whitelist would be easier, though.

Messages In This Thread
Something about halloween critters - by CalliopeSoups - 10-08-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: Something about halloween critters - by aloe - 10-08-2022, 11:59 AM
RE: Something about halloween critters - by aloe - 10-08-2022, 12:07 PM
RE: Something about halloween critters - by Ikea - 10-08-2022, 12:28 PM
RE: Something about halloween critters - by Ikea - 10-08-2022, 07:00 PM