Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
[CLOSED PR] Gives cooldown to farts and burps
Honestly, I am against any form of emote spam, especially if it has a noise attached to it. From what I can see this would literally just stop large amounts of fart spam, wasn't zippo lighter also changed because of flick spam? Just because farts are a part of goonstation culture does not mean we can never touch them; as if they are sacred to modify even slightly. Literally, all this does is stop spam and condense the same amount of fart into 5 seconds. You can still fart at your friends, fart on a person, etc.

I don't hate farts, I think they are a cool mechanic and fine as is. It is just silly low-brow humor with some actually interesting mechanics. I am more into the flipping culture but I have no problem with farts and I have no problem with this. Mechanically changes almost nothing and if anything buffs farts and fart-forcing chems. I am confused about what was honestly so oppositional or controversial about this change. 5 seconds isn't even that long.

I totally get being nostalgic and liking farts and how it has been a part of goon forever but this is not threatening to remove that. Honestly, I would be more inclined to use fart mechanics if I know I don't have to sit there spamming F so I can collect some farts and can do some other things like PDA message someone or chat a bit while doing it. (if I am playing a job or doing something with farts in it)

I think if this was branded as a quality of life change for engineering or a sort of buff to the obscure fart chemical use I would say people would be more interested in it. I know I would still be interested because this just sounds like it does both those things to me, regardless of the emote spam. I think the only thing I can think of personally that this might impact badly would be like...steering yourself in space with bean farts?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CLOSED PR] Gives cooldown to farts and burps - by Scaltra - 10-02-2022, 06:33 PM