Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A separate thread to discuss antags (ft. how it relates to metacliquing)
I think this conversation has been a long time coming since despite the new clarified RP rules (Thank you again, by the way. Much easier on the eyes.) there's still disagreement on how to treat antagonists IC. 

Evidently, we aren't some unanimous hivemind that all hold the same ideal for what a good round or good RP is.* To me personally, this has been showing itself in the amount of venting I've been seeing/hearing- both in the public discord and in PMs from friends- about the way antags are handled on RP. Everyone has their own interpretation of when preventive action becomes validhunting**, and when prolonging RP becomes ignoring antags. I think we're all in agreement that both happen, and both have the potential to ruin someone's round.

It was briefly touched on a few times in the metacliquing thread that there tends to be issues with OOC friendships affecting the IC treatment of antags, but (as far as I saw) it was never fully discussed to the degree that I think it ought to be. 

Here's some examples of the type of concerns I'm referring to:
  • Antags always interacting with the same people (to avoid getting their RP shut down, to perpetuate a specific story line, or any other reason)
  • Security members hesitating to arrest someone in a syndicate suit, an obvious vampire, etc. (because they're a friend, to avoid inturrupting RP, or any other reason)
  • Seeking out antags, not with the goal of stopping them but rather with the goal of becoming a part of the antag plotline for that round 
  • Defending an IC son, best friend, mom, etc. unconditionally- not only from antags but also from security in situations where the friend is an antag
  • Placing pressure on both security and antags to escalate toward more violence between each-other (as opposed to something more slow-paced or quiet)
(This isn't meant to serve as a docket of negative complaints, but rather just an objective list of issues that I've seen personally or have heard other people express concern over)

My goal for this is that we can pool together some general thoughts and opinions on how to make rounds as enjoyable as possible not only for for antags and sec, but also everyone else. 

(I've just noticed it's 4:30am, so please forgive me on errors for now and I'll clarify in the morning if needed haha)
*Admins included, it's important to remember that they're not guaranteed- or expected- to make the exact same call on every single situation when it comes to this issue
**Hunting down antags- generally by using OOC knowledge- for the purpose of finding the antag and killing/stopping them as fast as possible, right from roundstart. It's referred to as validhunting because on most servers antags are valid for anyone to kill.

Messages In This Thread
A separate thread to discuss antags (ft. how it relates to metacliquing) - by Emrsnn - 09-29-2022, 01:42 AM