Kira Rose/Jessie Rose - Mentor Application
Usual character name: Kira 'Jessie Isabella' Rose / Jessie 'Kira Isabella' Rose

BYOND username: Icraft343
Discord username: Icraft343
Recommended by (if applicable): None!
Goon servers you play: Goon1 - Heisenbee, Goon3 - Morty

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): 
I'm sort of a returning player to the SS13 community and games, while having a nearly 1 year experience on mostly Goonstation, and did the GoonRP servers more than classic, so I'm not the most robust, kinda above average, but I am more of a fan of the role-playing aspect.

As far as my experiences go, I've forgotten some but I quickly remember all of them upon returning, mainly by reading the wiki, but I've been pretty fast on relearning everything about Goonstation that the wiki (+reddit and Discord) has to offer, while having gotten better from how I was before I temporarily left the game.

I don't usually look at every section in the Goon Discord, since I'm now in college and have other communities I've engaged in from my downtime but I do take peeks once in a while to see anything important that happened in my round, some arts, just some more memes and also any other secrets I haven't discovered.

Though, a few days ago, I became a conspirator with two new players in one round, which makes us three conspirators. I thought it could've been boring, but I'm quite glad that one of them suggested doing the default 'make a deadly quiz show' objective. Their enthusiasm was infectious so I got my gear going while the other was also into the RP too. Big thanks to their teamwork and newbie passion, we got a really fun result with lots of, also new, candidates for the quiz show. 

Looking at how there has been an influx of new players recently in GoonRP and GoonClassic, I felt like I want to be a mentor, as part of the system or even just as a small member in the community. And I personally would like to see more players eventually enjoying discovering, learning or role-playing in the game.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I haven't gotten any bans but I had gotten a warning for non-interactively blowing up medbay as an antag(amateurly too).

Messages In This Thread
Kira Rose/Jessie Rose - Mentor Application - by Icraft343 - 09-27-2022, 08:17 PM