Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion.
I'm glad you made this post, an I'm glad a lot of people got to tell their experiences with it. Pretty much all I wanted to say on the topic has been expressed by others so I'll keep it brief.

I do see this behaviour quite a lot, and it's mostly in RP and mostly on low-pop. God knows I've spent countless shifts walking around in circles looking for someone to interact with but can't quite seem to fit in anywhere. I understand just how much it sucks to feel left out of things. Unfortunately, I find in some cases this bahaviour extends to the goon discord, where a group of people who interact with eachother a whole lot in-game do so in the discord which can easily make one feel left out or kind of lost in the discussion if they aren't up to date on the latest happenings, though this also ties into the issues I have around characters with a lot of background lore that makes it hard to interact with them without being a part of it.

It's a very fine line between having good friends who you want to hang out with a lot because you enjoy their company and 'meta-cliqueing', and I'm sure a lot of people (I'm also not proposing that I've never been guilty of it) walk that line simply think they are just enjoying the game with a friend, unaware that they are excluding someone from joining in. I'm not quite sure what the solution is, or if there really is one for that matter. In a game where people have stories, relationships and lore, it's hard for these sort of connections to grow naturally, I guess being vigilant about it, ahelping if it's becoming an issue, and working on being more inclusive to people are all I can think of to do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by mab - 09-28-2022, 04:51 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 09-28-2022, 08:16 PM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Munien - 09-28-2022, 11:48 PM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Ikea - 10-02-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-03-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-04-2022, 01:54 AM