Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
give lizards more customization options
The main thing really is just getting visually distinct from hair sprites to mutantraces while still allowing a good bit of fun that hair allows. Making them visually distinct from hair can be tough, perhaps we could give lizards like a sort of slick sheen to this effect which might help I dunno. Lizards are the first in everyone's minds there.

Some suggestions I've seen are those sorts of frills that some lizards have like the frilled lizard, or those sorts of fin-like protrusions you'd see on a drawing of a Parasaurolophus. The problem is, that amount of options doesn't really compare to hair/wigs; and I can't recall anyone attempting to sprite such things and the look of it is the most important part so we can't really make any decisions without it.

I've famously always thought hair should be human only, even cyborgs wearing wigs is not my jam, (cyborgs should burn the wigs off after some time because they run too hot for hair). But I'm also FOR lizard mutantrace customization, I made the original functionality for multi-colored lizard appearances. Perhaps that's another avenue that can be explored in addition to additions, changing colour patterns for lizards and mix/matching them like how you can do with hair details and layering. I quite like that now that I think about it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: give lizards more customization options - by kyle2143 - 09-26-2022, 07:40 PM