Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
some thoughts on addiction
I worked at a addiction Detox Centre for some time so I'll try to offer some insight.

Rest and time is the main form of treatment. But while patients were awake we could give medication to help reduce the symptoms from their addiction. Stuff to manage upset stomach, pain, and anxiety caused by the cravings. For opiate addictions they'd be prescribed Suboxone (Buprenorphine/naloxone) to help stop the cravings. Methadone would also be used for that, but it was very swapping addiction for addiction.

For some addictions like alcohol, I think Robustissin could be a good thing to.. maybe make the addiction remissive? Since it treats things like flu, and food poisoning, some of those are similar symptoms to ethanol addiction what with the vomiting. And the vomiting is the part people don't generally like to deal with long term in game.

Things like Ether and Haloperidol also seem like existing meds to maybe help handle some other addiction symptoms in game like twitching, stumbling, and etc with the cost of being sleepy for a bit until those addictions are remissive? Sort of like anxiety/ sedatives we'd use to help manage those symptoms in Detox Centres.

Just some ideas, anyways. Could always go a fantasy cure all med way too. Dr. Acula

Messages In This Thread
some thoughts on addiction - by DisturbHerb - 09-15-2022, 06:05 AM
RE: some thoughts on addiction - by Cal - 09-15-2022, 06:47 AM
RE: some thoughts on addiction - by BotchKing - 09-15-2022, 08:38 AM
RE: some thoughts on addiction - by DisturbHerb - 09-15-2022, 08:49 PM
RE: some thoughts on addiction - by DioChasek - 09-15-2022, 09:35 PM
RE: some thoughts on addiction - by DisturbHerb - 09-18-2022, 04:59 AM
RE: some thoughts on addiction - by Kotlol - 09-18-2022, 05:20 AM
RE: some thoughts on addiction - by DioChasek - 09-18-2022, 10:37 AM
RE: some thoughts on addiction - by TwoBraids - 09-18-2022, 02:59 PM