Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta
(09-25-2022, 04:18 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: the problem with stuns being considered 'meta' is that in a game like this, someone not stunned is impossible to take down. try chasing or fighting an experienced greysuit who knows just how to mash all 4 arrow keys. there's a reason flopout and lying down had to get nerfed.

The only people that use raw damage effectively are the syndicate and even then it's only because their opponents are willing to throw themselves at you. if you wanted stuns to be made less meta, either make them less-good or make not stunning less bad. I think the amount of stun balancing done has left it relatively healthy at the minute.

Perhaps damage slowing you partially for a tick or two would suit the game better. Then you can have sprint override damage slows, making stamina a resource VS raw damage too. Lethal weapons will be more useful and chases would be more manageable.

I definitely agree on the damage part, for me, the options shouldn't be either a fight ender stun or beating the person up they die. Stuns could do with some tuning to allow for SOME counter play, while actual damage could be a tad more debilitating to the point you don't need to actually kill someone with it for them to be easy to contain. That would make it so lethal weaponry wasn't as much of a "rush them and shove it out their hand" situation as it currently is.

Messages In This Thread
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by NOOT - 09-13-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by colossusqw - 09-25-2022, 06:21 PM