Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta
Most of the stuns in universe come from causing damage (see sec using a cattle prod), damage reducing stuns I dont think make much sense, nor do I think it really fixes the issue as if youre lying down (which stuns provide) someone hitting you with a c saber is a guaranteed kill. It makes harmbatons weaker technically but if youre stunned you're dead regardless, it doesn't reduce sec's killing potential, it just changes the method. Securities' stuns need to be strong because they're designed for going against antags, who need to be strong as they're going against the crew.

If the issue is antags using stuns to go against the whole crew, I think the best solution would be to just reduce the capability of stuns to be used against the whole crew. Things like nerfing disruptors so they arent practically always a free charge, making cells medium sized items that way carrying them has a high inventory cost, etc. While this does nerf sec, its less of an in the moment nerf and more of an overarching nerf by forcing them to go back to sec more to recharge, and it makes sec gear for antags more for picking off stronger targets then for using it against everyone.

Messages In This Thread
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by NOOT - 09-13-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by Ikea - 09-20-2022, 02:27 PM