Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta
Atm it feels super weird that the game balance hinges around stunmeta so heavily. The fact most antags would rather use a stun baton than most of their core kit speaks volumes to the strength of stuns.

In its current state, playing an antagonist feels lkek you have to tread on eggshells lest you incur the wrath of the arrest setting, and have the entire security department descend on your location for using X clearly antagonist ability.

I understand that the security department have stuns and that stuns are for arresting people, that is fine. The main change I propose (amongst others) is that dealing damage to a person who is currently stunned should reduce their stun duration, and regain a slight amount of stamina (If they are not in crit) rather than reduce the stamina (and further extend the stun). This would encourage the use of stuns as a means of apprehending rather than the first part of a combo that just looks like hehe 2 hits with a backpack stun baton and then 30 seconds of free damage (which inevitably leads to death should you be anywhere alone)

Secondly, the power of small stuns in combat is overbearing. The current state of wizard is awful simply because too many of their spells cause a haha sub 5 second stun that makes you drop your held item. Blind, magic missile, Rathans, Empower, It feels like wizards would be far more engaging to fight, if instead of every time you went prone, you did not automatically drop what you were holding (causing you to either press p and deal with timing an awkward message box prompt, or ms delay, on picking up the item, or find a pixel under your sprite (which will shift when you recover from being stunned) to pick up your previously held item which now lies conviently underneath your sprite.) Such short stuns would feel far less annoying, whilst still allowing the wizard to use them to do actual wizardly things (eg, fight or flee). Basically, stuns with a duration of less than 5 seconds should not cause you to drop your held item.

Thirdly, the max duration of stuns is currently 30 seconds. This feels far too strong given how chainable stuns are in their current state. I would propose a 15 seconds maximum on stun duration (More than enough time to handcuff a perp) whilst making the use of stun batons far less effective for beating someone to death (assuming change 1 went through)

In summary, one or all of the below would be welcome changes
Damage taken whilst stunned reduces stun duration (if over 4 seconds)
Causes of short stuns (ie most melee weapons) should cap at 4 seconds in duration
Stuns of less than 4 seconds should not cause held items to drop
A player should need to be prone unvoluntarily for more than 4 seconds for their held item to leave their hand (manual proning shoul dstill cause item drop)

If we diddnt drop held items from forceprone of short duration I might even actually wear my clown shoes. No promises

Messages In This Thread
Reduce the overbearingness of stunmeta - by NOOT - 09-13-2022, 01:18 AM