Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let's talk Antags (Those we have and those we don't)
Well I had a longer post but it got wiped after my mouse glitched out and refreshed the page, mad about that one.

Allowed: Conspirators. Oh christ where do I even begin. First off, they CAN be fun, but in my 1000+ hours of playing as an RP main I've genuinely only seen one fun conspirator shift. Every other time it leaves security, crew and even the conspirators just... Confused, or upset. How many people do you see saying they love this antag? I believe they encourage interacting with a select few due to their mechanics, even if we have tasks assigned, barely any listen to them and I've seen many complain they're lackluster. A good conspiracy is a funny gimmick or otherwise plan that involves more than just security or your singular assassaination target, like one that I saw take over a section of maintenance as cave men in trash bags equipped with spears. A bad conspiracy leaves people wondering if it was extended, or on the flip side leaves me thinking that in all honesty, this antag is more suited to classic.

Disallowed: Werewolves. 100% all the way. They're safer than some antags on classic due to how people will just RP with you. They may be strong, but they come with actual counterplay. Silver cuffs and bullets provide security with ways to deal with a rampaging werewolf, along with the crew if things get that pressed. Compared to something like changeling that comes with a hit button to win and don't yell or it's meta mechanic, that's now encouraged to quickly RP with someone just enough to kill them with the NPC changes, I think a real fight with a werewolf would be a fresh experience. I'm all for an antag that is strong but at least lets you punch back, run and scream as you're being killed. There's rich RP opportunity with being a sneaky werewolf too, crewmates dropping off while you gear up as a human and reveal your true form before going in for a kill. I do think they're too loud noise wise though, primarily the howl.

Honorable mentions: I love wraith with all my heart and even if they can be chaotic, I think that's okay. Plus the rework PR comes bundles with more RP abilities and counterplay. Flockmind is an antag I would LOVE to see on RP with maybe a buff to their communication and a heigher nuke cost on RP.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk Antags (Those we have and those we don't) - by CalliopeSoups - 09-06-2022, 10:34 PM