Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Botany and their "illegal" plants
Security doesnt need to overreach into every department and part of hydro is experimentation and research, hence DNA manipulation and whatever, not just crop growth. If they wanna make weird rafflesias, that's cool, but it's on them to keep it in the lab, same way I probably wouldn't bring a petri dish full of my cool bacteria out of pathology. Especially now that there's hotbox shields, or if everyone is wearing gas masks and is fine with it in hydro, there's ways to just mitigate whatever weird risks a plant poses.

You as command have a right to crack down on drugs, but good luck enforcing it. Playing sec on stations that have banned drugs is miserable, usually ends with nonantags getting into really violent fights over it, and draws away from bigger issues in order to micromanage whatever weird stuff crew is doing with their free time. there's a reason vice officer isnt a job anymore, but this is also a better spot for assistants to go ticket or whatever versus trying to have a full blown security stomp out on drugs. If you really are committed to enforcing the ban as captain for The Bit, then do so. Fire botanists, fire lazy sec. mandate inspections of hydro planters every X minutes.

I think it is worth at least being mechanically conscious of how difficult some of the drug plants might be for people to make. Having someone make something like white weed and then immediately banning drugs so you can rip it out of the tray would be a Rude Dude Move; but you're also allowed to play a Rude Dude. 🤷‍♀️

Only plant I really truly hate are seethers. I let people grow them and explode One thing before they have to answer for it. sometimes people just want to make the haha funny tomato to throw at everyone at round end.

Messages In This Thread
Botany and their "illegal" plants - by Kotlol - 08-28-2022, 02:57 AM
RE: Botany and their "illegal" plants - by nefarious6th - 08-28-2022, 05:46 AM
RE: Botany and their "illegal" plants - by Ikea - 08-28-2022, 09:00 AM