Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Botany and their "illegal" plants
Before we start, this is a discussion on botanists growing dangerous and "illegal" plants.
How we should go about it and what scenerios there are.

Because as we know...
BOTANY IS A PLACE WITH MANY WONDEROUS THINGS TO GROW!
From Weed to actual money... but the problem is... there are some plants non antagonists can grow that are... problematic.

We're talking Plasma Seeds
We're talking Raffesiala's with odd chems in them.
We're talking The Death Weed.

These are examples of plants security will possibly crack down on botany and remove the crops.

But should security crack down on these? Since alot of dangerous stuff grown in Botany mostly gets ignored till it's distributed to the public.
So how does security handle these things? Do we leave botany with their illegal stash as long as it's in botany or do we dispose of it?

Next up...
The contraband that always gets looked aside.

We're talking Rainbow weed.
We're talking shrooms.

Yea we are talking about things that set off alarms, but security ignores it.
After all weed is a Goon Tradition and the captain has to make it illegal before security does something.

Well... whenever I try to ban weed and meth as a captain, so antags have a reason to go underground or do creative things to take me out to make it legal..
Security will not do their job in getting rid of weed if it gets grown. Alot of the time security just says: "Good luck with that captain, hope the crew won't lynch ya."
So suddenly what could be a fun interaction of security cracking down on weed and antags litterly using drugs as a campaign to run against me...
I get security mostly unwilling to do those orders, I get antags just doing whatever (Not that I mind that, antags wanna antag) and Botany growing it anyway with me having to cut it down, wich won't go well...

So now the other point of discussion is... should weed bans be taken more seriously or not?
It is TECHNICALLY seen as contraband in the games code, so why is having a ban recieved with such a "meh" from security?

Last point of discussion. What plans would you put on your "Illegal list" as well? Not that they are illegal...
Example being a Money Tree, since it could collapse the economy if absued.

Anyhow discuss on.

TL;DR;
What's your view on security handling dangerous plants grown by botany? Lock it in botany or destroy it?
What's your view on weed getting banned by the command? Does security have to deal with it?
What plants do you view as "illegal contraband" without it being one?

EDIT: I thought I posted this in general... huh.

Messages In This Thread
Botany and their "illegal" plants - by Kotlol - 08-28-2022, 02:57 AM
RE: Botany and their "illegal" plants - by Ikea - 08-28-2022, 09:00 AM