Mentor Application - Mavis Moovenheimer
Usual character name: Mavis Moovenheimer
BYOND username: Largeamountsofscreaming
Discord username (if you are on our discord): PimpinChimp
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 3 and 4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): After learning about most of the systems Goon has, teaching it to new players has been some of the most rewarding experiences I've had! Being able to alleviate the stress that comes with being on a new station or even new to SS13 is something I strive to do for new players, having had a particularly difficult time figuring it out myself. After my now 487 hours, I'm familiar with the departments enough to teach someone the ins-and-outs of each role.

-I know most of the medical procedures necessary to save most folks, and often do robotics. Genetics I'm not as proficient in, but well enough to teach new people!

-I can set up each of the 3 engine types, know most power troubleshooting tactics, and know how to do station repair (though I don't have a lot of practice in it), I also am familiar with mining and cargoing! Mechanic is one that I need more time with, however

-I know the command roles well and understand each of their roles on the station (captain is one of my favorite roles~)

-I know the basics of each of the science departments, and can guide folks in the right direction to the proper processes of using the tools, but I don't have a lot of chem or toxins knowledge on hand (Currently refining my knowledge of science with my well-spoken monkey character Mannicus H. Darwin)

-After playing a fair bit of security and overseeing them as command, I would say I have a solid grasp on the best processes for an officer to have, and how to best treat the station's local threats

I hope I fill the mentor role well, I've been loving the community ever since I really got into Goonstation, and want to help give back a bit more! Thank you, good folks!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None! (I'm a good Space Christian bovine)

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - Mavis Moovenheimer - by Largeamountsofscreaming - 08-21-2022, 07:58 PM