Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What do we have 3 QM slots for?
Soooo many jobs can be handled by just one person, and have them do what the station needs. Engineering. Mechanics. Genetics. Science. All of science. Botany. Robotics. Janitorial, unless it gets bad. Mining.

What jobs really even need multiple people? Sec, and Medbay?

Two people in QM who know what they're doing can make money hand over fist, if they all know the crate-flipping grind.

I do find three to be a crowd too, admittedly. But other people have brought up the fine point of it really being Main-insurance. But even on RP, it's not like it's uncommon to have difficulty finding anyone actually working a department later on in the round.

I'll throw my hat in on the things-to-do-as-QM-ring. Since I often have fun playing it.

Be proactive!
  • If someone bombs, show up with steel and repressurization crates. Repressurizing with boxes of oxygen grenades makes you feel like a damned superhero. It's so fast!
  • Hear about a plasma fire? Firefighting crates, with THOSE grenades.
  • Notice the chef is dead or nonexistant on RP? Use those big bank account gains you've made to buy crates of diner pancakes. Or give everyone food poisoning with pizza.
  • Don't wait for people to come beg for meteor shields or candles for Kudzu. Get them out there, ready to go. Call for lazy people to distribute them!
  • Janitors are dead? Grenades solve that too. Grenades solve everything as QM.
  • Ask if the chef needs things! Or if people are working artlab!

Or just be goofy and have fun.
  • Nobody will notice the cargo hanger singulo until it's already running.
  • Build an army of borgs. Have them lined up outside like an honor guard, interspersed with golden candles.
  • Cargo bar. Always a classic.
  • Cargo donut shop. Less a classic, but fun. Bonus points if you convince a secoff to give you a baton if you give them a token crate.
  • Everyone loves FASHION CARGO.
  • Conversely, if you put out comedy crates, they get used. All of them. People all secretly want to be clowns.
  • Are you vampire cargo? Know that piss flood thing people did constantly? Amateurs. Do it with sliced open blood packs.

Messages In This Thread
What do we have 3 QM slots for? - by BatElite - 08-19-2022, 07:08 AM
RE: What do we have 3 QM slots for? - by Chayot - 08-19-2022, 07:32 AM
RE: What do we have 3 QM slots for? - by BadShot - 08-19-2022, 11:40 AM
RE: What do we have 3 QM slots for? - by Ikea - 08-19-2022, 04:48 PM
RE: What do we have 3 QM slots for? - by Kotlol - 08-20-2022, 09:12 AM
RE: What do we have 3 QM slots for? - by Love - 08-20-2022, 09:14 PM
RE: What do we have 3 QM slots for? - by Kotlol - 08-21-2022, 08:56 AM