Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Zooblar! Skrippus Pathway to Janitorial Excellence
Heya, Fellow Nanotrasen employees! Zooblar! Skrippus here, You mighta seen me running around in my trademark princess dress, probably quickly ducking into your department to clear out a couple of stains on the floor and then runnin off down the hallway, probably yelling “Stay safe!” afterwards or something, anyway, i’m here to talk to you all about the best ways to keep the station clean, i’ve got more experience with this than just about anyone, so i’ll be sure to give you some strategies that’ll help you provide the rest of the station with a nice clean workplace.

Part 1: The Tools

Sponge

The sponge is the go-to piece of cleaning gear, even if you don’t have any of the other stuff, if you have a sponge you can do most of what you need to do, it’s simple to use, just wet it in a sink and use it on tiles or on stains directly, if you use it on tiles you can reclaim the water afterwards, making it incredibly efficient, it’s much faster than any of the other tools too! This is what you use when you want speed!

Mop/Bucket

Mop’s for cleaning up simple stains like bloody footprints, dirt on the floor, vomit, or it’s for cleaning up puddles of liquids, using it for cleaning up stains on the floor, you’ll want a bucket,you can either carry a small bucket or drag around the large mop bucket cart thing, up to you, anyway fill the bucket with water and a little bit of cleaning fluid, then dip your mop in it, then clean up the tile the stain is on, then soak the water back up, you don’t need to dip back in the bucket until it’s dry (Although if you want to clean up any tougher stains, like gibs or whatever, if you dip it in the bucket to get a fresh batch of cleaning fluid on it, you’ll be able to clean tougher stuff.)

Vacuum/Garbage bags

The vacuum is essential for clearing up all the tiny little objects the crew tends to dump on the floors, shards of glass, empty medicine bottles, empty drink bottles, sheets of paper, bullet casings, just use your vacuum on them and you’ll suck them up into the garbage bag that’s inside it, once it’s full, just go over to a trash chute and use the vacuum on it to dump the contents within inside, you can do this on a closed trash cart or any other kind of container. If you can’t find a vacuum you can grab a garbage bag and manually pick up trash and load it in, but the vacuum is the way to go.

The other great thing about the vacuum is that it also contains a bucket and can suck up gas clouds and ants, if you run into miasma, just suck it up with your vacuum, same with any weird chemical weapons that science whips up, you can even suck up ants with the handy contraption, like with the solid trash, just use it on a sink to empty it out.

Spray Bottle

The spray bottle is kinda inefficient, but it has its uses, it can clean any tile the same way a sponge can but it uses cleaning fluid each time you do, the place this thing comes in handy is for cleaning anything that you can put items inside, usually if you try clean those, you’ll just put your sponge inside of it, with the spray bottle you can just spray the area to clean up any toolboxes or bibles that have a bit of blood on them.

Also one thing i forgot in my initial post, be careful to use the spray bottle on the tile, not on the mess itself, or you'll scoop a bunch of blood or vomit into your spray bottle, which is a real rough time.

Cleaning Grenades

Cleaning grenades are your emergency item, useful for when the situation has gotten completely out of hand, just pull the pin, throw it, and all the messy stuff magically vanishes! Just be sure to warn people or apologise for slipping them afterwards.

Towel

The towel is a fairly basic cleaning item, used for wiping things down, i usually use it to clean blood off of my fellow employees.

Messages In This Thread
The Zooblar! Skrippus Pathway to Janitorial Excellence - by Stush - 08-18-2022, 02:08 AM