Mentor Application - MylieDaniels
Usual character name: Sangure Antimon, FARTO HONKFRIEND
BYOND username: MylieDaniels
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Mylie#5379
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Morty and Sylvester

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): Some of the best fun I get from games, or even just in life, is when I can teach people how to accomplish goals they have, expand their knowledge base, or just generally guide them.  This, along with having a tendency to spend spare time researching games or other topics that I like until I can understand them completely, is my motivation for this mentor application.  As for experience, I play and understand most departments and roles, though I do not play much Security, and below are my particular role knowledges with a format I saw and enjoyed in Blahowsky's mentor application.

Antagonist: As someone that plays almost exclusively on RP, my knowledge of blob, wizard, werewolf, and nuke op is almost entirely from wiki/code reading and a bit of testing on local servers, and if someone were to ask me how to play revolutionary or gang, I would need to pop open the wiki page and try to get someone else to answer them - I don't play classic at the moment, and can't really test those on a local server.  Flock, however, interested me enough that I played around with it a lot on local servers, and I would say I know a great deal about changeling, arcfiend, and vampire.  I have played wraith once on live servers and know enough about it to help those with ability questions.
Mindhacks and sleeper agents, I have a good knowledge of the rules around, but don't have much experience playing as.  Spy thief and traitor gear has been a particular fascination of mine, and I know the mechanics of the vast majority of it - though I am always learning that I don't know everything, like finding out quite recently that you can put a pizza sharpener into the pizza vending machine.  I've only been in a conspiracy once, but I understand the basics.

Silicon: I don't play as a silicon much at all (honestly, I just don't have a good cyborg/AI character), but I know how to build them, repair them, and of course rogue them, as well as how the cyborg and AI user interfaces and abilities work.  I know the specifics of how the basic silicon laws and wordings are generally interpreted as well as the default syndicate laws, and think I have a good handle on custom laws.

Security: Though it is my least played department, I do know a lot about Sec's gear and systems.  I feel I am able to answer questions about Security equipment and mechanics such as the armory unlock or forensic scans, though I do not feel fully confident in answering questions like "how long should I brig this crimer for doing X, Y, and possibly Z?"

Civilian: I can answer questions about how the janitor tools work, but I don't play it much at all.  Other than that, I love the civilian department.  Clown is good fun, but I particularly enjoy the peculiar mechanical complexity of chef and botanist.  I know how botany works from the ground up, and can advise on how to splice and maintain plants.  Bartender is parallel to chemistry, while also getting a different style of roleplay and more interaction, so it's one of my favorite jobs.

Engineering: Though the elusive undefined wattage still eludes me, I know how atmospherics works and I think I know enough about engineering as a whole to be a help with questions about construction, engines, MechComp, TermOS, and ThinkDOS.  I love mechanic contraptions, especially when they involve packets, terminals, and/or regex.

Medsci: If "I removed every organ except the brain from a volunteer, who was kept alive by chemicals and food for almost a minute after the final organ (the appendix) came out" counts for anything, I'd like to put it first.  If it doesn't, I still know how to do most surgeries, exactly what almost all the chemicals do, and how to export a ticking black hole bomb for profit.  I'm a huge nerd, and medsci is my favorite part of the game.  Whether it's how to deliberately turn an artifact into a wasp's nest of faults, the ranges of TTVs, how to deal with hyperallergic radioactive Captains, or why telescience keeps running out of power, I think I can answer the questions in this category really well.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - MylieDaniels - by Mylie - 08-12-2022, 06:30 PM
RE: Mentor Application - MylieDaniels - by Orwell - 08-13-2022, 08:47 PM
RE: Mentor Application - MylieDaniels - by Caro - 09-05-2022, 12:21 PM