Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways for more departments to make money
All of this sounds great (though I'm still pushing for giving engineers the ability to sell the energy the engine produces) except for the slot machine thing. You can't split up the profits from the slot machines, that's just... No. There'd be constant staff assistant riots in the corridors, and it just doesn't make sense. That's something people do with their own money. And yeah, research job or not, Botany needs to be part of the civilian sector. They can sell their produce to medical and research, if it's needed.

On that note, the HoP's banking terminal should have its wage function expanded, so that it can set up to automatically shift funds around between budgets every payment cycle. So, every time people's wages get paid, it can be programmed to take 20,000 out of shipping and into the primary budget, which for now is the payroll budget. Medical gets 5,000 per cycle, and so on. It should default to 0, and the HoP can adjust it like I described to meet the needs of the station.

And I also agree that the shipping budget has to be kept separate. No matter how active the crew will be (and knowing goons, just because they can make a profit through their jobs doesn't mean they will want to) the cargo bay will always be by far the biggest money maker if the QMs (and Cargo Techs, if it's going to be made its own department) are doing their jobs.

Messages In This Thread