Mentor Application: GibusGame
Usual character name: Europa Perses, Ashlin Merryweather, Xavier Boudle, etc. There are way too many that people could recognise me as.
BYOND username: GibusGame
Discord username (if you are on our discord):
Gibus#1625
Goon servers you play: RP3, and RP4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
I have, over the past 6 months of playing on Goon, amassed a knowledge of general topics that often come under question. "How do I do genetics?" "Which order do I do to attatch a tail to a person?" "What's a good combo for Cyborgs?" "How do I convincingly play a character?"
I feel that I have the capability to give back to the Goon community, not just through playing my many many characters situated in multiple departments, but with genuine questions from the people I spend a lot of time with.
I've been on Goon since the 23rd of November, 2021, and whilst this isn't super long compared to many other members of the gang, I feel like the amount of hours I've decided to sink into the game isn't a waste, as I've learnt a lot, played a lot, and genuinely had a lot of fun.

The Gibus Experience started out as a cyborg, believe it or not, and I gradually transitioned to Sec, Med, and the entire Civilian sector of jobs gradually. Whilst I'm not so knowledgable in Sci and Engineering, there's always time to learn. Cyborg is still a "job" that I hold close, and I still occasionally play as Cyborg characters to this day (Wolfsbane, and Europa Perses previously).

As said above, I then decided to make the jump to Sec. This is where I learnt how to properly defuse situations, and whilst admittedly my sec style was relatively dodgy to start, over the past 6 months I've learned from the best. (Thanks to Purple, Shiiba, Lostroman, and all the other sec/HoS players for doing your part, wouldn't be here without ya.) Sec is a job best experienced hands-on, on both high and low-pop, and I've been around for both.

I also have sunk many many hours into Medical roles, such as MD, Roboticist, and Geneticist, during which I've learnt surgeries, borg and robot creation, which genes to Not Sell, which genes to always have avaliable, and how to be quick in saving someone's life. I am obviously not the best, and I doubt I ever will be, but I'd still love to give people an extra hand if needs be. Robotics is probably where I've sank most of my med hours, and thanks to the wonderful minds of Haydus and Joy/Silent Majority, I have learnt almost all there is to know about the job, which is probably what I'm proud of the most.

All in all, I want to make the 927 hours of my life that I've given this game useful to others, and mentoring would be the step I'd love to take. Thanks for reading my wall of text.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None that I've been made aware of.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application: GibusGame - by Gibus - 08-07-2022, 03:14 PM
RE: Mentor Application: GibusGame - by Gibus - 08-08-2022, 04:46 PM
RE: Mentor Application: GibusGame - by mab - 08-09-2022, 01:45 AM
RE: Mentor Application: GibusGame - by Caro - 09-05-2022, 12:19 PM