Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About lings and knowing of their existence IC
Personally I always try to gimmick these things and have them earn killing me... by being smart and engaging.
Not... "CAPUL INJECTED CAUSE YOU ARE A JANITOR AND AN EASY KILL"
That's when I will scream and run.
But if they do a whole RP to get me killed. Yea I am not resisting, you win!

Funny enough I was once a changeling chaplain and the other changeling came to me, ran up without RPing and injected me and I was like: "OH HELL NO!" and injected them too. They gave up trying to kill me immidently but didn't rat me out either.

But side stories aside.. in my book.. RP wise I think you can have knowledge about Lings on every level as much as you like, BUUUUUUTTTT....

Command and security are the only ones that may use the term "LING" or "VAMP" or "ARCFIEND"
Any other department may not as those are "classified terms"
The reason being... they have to do everything in their power to "make sure to not cause a panic" (cause lets face it, if someone claims a passive vampire is a vamp and shout it.. valid hunters will come)
There for.. if I see a ling/vamp/arc and I am not these roles. I will describe what I see and be vague for engaging RP.
If I am command or sec, I will say in command/security the term of who I think is it and the reason why.
If someone who isn't sec or command starts shouting these things. I will detain them to make sure crew won't go into a panic.

I believe this is the best balance. That sec and command use the term to idenitify antagonists, but will keep em away from public hearing.
But the public may not shout it or else security will detain them and tell them to relax.
This way the antagonist gets time to do their gimmick without being valid hunted by the AI.. and anyone who wants to cry wolf will be detained and questioned.

It also makes a fun way of civlians not being able to say an antagonist's being and a way for sec to keep it out of prying ears.

Cause nothing ruins a changeling RP more then someone shouting: "X is a Ling" over comms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: About lings and knowing of their existence IC - by Kotlol - 07-28-2022, 10:11 AM