Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About lings and knowing of their existence IC
Some random thoughts.
I am not currently in Goon discord and i thought a post in the forum would be better and less confusing. I'll preface this post by saying this is not about new players who may not be very knowledgeable about antagonists.

I have been playing quite a bit in rp servers lately and have noticed how many characters don't know about the existence of changelings. And personally I don't think it is considered meta if my character knows that such creatures exist.
In my opinion:
  •  All members of command should be aware of the existence of changelings. HoS definitely, the captain also. But I personally think that RD and MD should also know.
  •  Security should know. Security officers are the people who keep the station safe, so they should be aware of the existence of these creatures, how they operate, ways to detect them (blood testing), and how to fight them.
  •  Scientists and perhaps doctors should also know what a changeling is. I like the idea of scientists studying alien creatures, and doctors being called in to do blood testing or autopsies on bodies killed by lings.
  •  The other roles, civilians etc? I personally think they may know. The important thing is to roleplay and not yell HELP LING MAINT when you get stung or attacked – but his applies to everyone, as it is also in the rules

In general, I almost have the impression that many people are afraid of saying the word changeling in rp servers. Personally if there is enough evidence (several people with capulettium, drained bodies, etc) I am pretty clear in saying that I think there is a changeling (or an alien creature, a brain eater, whatever) on board.
It's kind of the same with vampires ("vampires? They don't exist!") or arcfiend ("arcwhat? What are you talking about?"). Come on, we all know what they are!

I'm actually curious about other people's opinions. How do you roleplay in these cases, how do your characters act and why. In short what do you think, whether you agree or disagree.
Thank you for reading! bee

Messages In This Thread
About lings and knowing of their existence IC - by mab - 07-28-2022, 12:16 AM