Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[MERGED PR] makes pressing the security alert/crisis alert give a chatbox notice, ...
(07-28-2022, 11:40 AM)Ikea Wrote: The main reason for the "please assist this officer" is 1. I think theres a really good bit of irony for sec offs to ask for help all the while theyre getting there shit kicked in and it helps give an in universe explanation for why the alert is audible. But more importantly, 2. people jumping in is the point, if a sec off is desperate enough to send out an alert and if theres people nearby then yeah they may need some help. It adds a new dynamic for antags to work around/with and I think thats neat.

Antagonist are already quite heavy handed even worse for new ones, we don't need all the crew jumping them with the whole of security coming for back up, that's a no no and I'm mainly talking for RP here.
We really don't need to give a reason for non security to jump an antagonist like that and it's worse for new players that don't know better.

(07-28-2022, 11:48 AM)Fredric Wrote:
(07-28-2022, 11:40 AM)Ikea Wrote: The main reason for the "please assist this officer" is 1. I think theres a really good bit of irony for sec offs to ask for help all the while theyre getting there shit kicked in and it helps give an in universe explanation for why the alert is audible. But more importantly, 2. people jumping in is the point, if a sec off is desperate enough to send out an alert and if theres people nearby then yeah they may need some help. It adds a new dynamic for antags to work around/with and I think thats neat.

Antagonist are already quite heavy handed even worse for new ones, we don't need all the crew jumping them with the whole of security coming for back up, that's a no no and I'm mainly talking for RP here.
We really don't need to give a reason for non security to jump an antagonist like that and it's worse for new players that don't know better.

Having just the "Emergency Alert Sent" is fine though and I'm up for it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] makes pressing the security alert module give a chatbox notice, audio alarm, ... - by Fredric - 07-28-2022, 11:48 AM