Complaint Ban complaint for overly severe punishment
Title: Jan.antilles, Goon4, July 25th 2022 at 9:15 PM EST

Admin: Jan.antilles
Server: Goon4
Date + time: July 25th 2022 at 9:15 PM EST

Synopsis: I joined the server during pregame and decided to make a joke in OOC before the game started, attached below. Without warning, I was banned shortly after, with the message stating I had been here too long to think it was ok to joke about such things.

Logs: I don't have a screenshot of the OOC message, so this ban message is all I can provide. I've added a link and attached the file because I am paranoid and dumb.
https://prnt.sc/eTIGHOyQ49u1

Extra information: While I agree that these off-colour jokes could be contained within Rule 4 wherein it explicitly rules out sexual content, I believe immediate permabanning with a period of 30 days before an appeal is even attemptable is far too strict for something I believe is a fringe case, especially when I've seen multiple jokes of similar nature used in OOC without consequence.

I think at least some discussion is in order before permanently banning a player, especially when I've never made comments or roleplayed in any way that could be considered sexual in nature. I had considered privately messaging the admin, however they had set their DMs to closed. I reached out to another admin and they simply referred me to the forum.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Ban complaint for overly severe punishment - by DeadMan164 - 07-25-2022, 06:41 PM