HoS Application - Naomi Armitage
Going to be a no from me, so lets explain why.

I started writing this application before heading to work today, and I'm finishing it after returning, so I've had time to think over a lot of the details and subjects I want to touch on. I'll probably repeat a few points that others have made however, so I apologise for that. For starters, the application is primarily what I have based my decision off of, as I've not played Security with you in quite some time. In addition to that, I've not seen that much of the berating other players, but I've seen a share of it.

The way you've written this in the third person about your Sec character, and not yourself as a player is rather confusing. Maybe this is your writing style, but you've introduced a degree of separation between Naomi, and yourself as a player. Naomi is not who we are looking at here for a potential HoS, but you as a player and this means not just Naomi, but ALL of your characters. As a HoS, you're held to a much higher regard than other players when it comes to respecting the rules, and respecting other players even when not playing Sec. Of course, the things Naomi does are the things that you have her do while playing and I understand that. But this Application would have been a lot more, I guess sincere and transparent if you wrote about yourself as a player, and not as an app for Naomi, and this is the main issue I've taken away from this Application, and that is the lack of sincerity and transparency.

For example, you claim that you've had recommendations from your Sec Friends who have all been promoted. That's all well and good, but who are these people? If they've recommended you, I'm sure they'd be happy to have their name in the recommendations section. Claiming that you've been recommended but not providing who does not inspire confidence, and instead further harms the applications overall sincerity and transparency.

The section about listing other Players who you have played Sec with is also really off putting for me, because I can't see how this in anyway helps the application, other than saying that you played these specific players. Going on to refer to them as "professionals" also rubs me wrong, because what you're doing here is putting these players on a pedestal and I know folks would be very uncomfortable with this, and I know I would, but I won't speak for everyone. You also go onto mention that Naomi is a puritan and because of this you take things carefully. Again, I fail to see how this is relevant to the application? I'd like to see some clarification here.

The comment about never cryoing also gives me a lot of concern. I know you said yourself that you said this in a joking manner, but I don't think it is meant to be joked about. HoS is a ridiculously stressful and mentally draining job, especially when starting out, and there's a reason why a lot of HoSs burn out. Recognising as HoS, or as any job for that matter, when you have hit your limit and you no longer want to partake in the round and that you should cryo is a very important skill to have for a very important reason. Negative experiences negatively impact a persons mood, and if this mood unrecoverable, then mistakes start getting made, you can start lashing out, and other peoples experiences start getting negatively impacted.

I'll provide an example from a very recent experience of mine while playing HoS. Due to outside of game circumstances that were harming my enjoyment of the round, I'd become probably the angriest I had ever been playing this game. I no longer wished to partake in the round and as soon as I was able to, I cryo'd. My mood was negatively impacted, and I didn't want to continue the round in this poor mental state and lash out at others or make bad decisions. Cryoing when upset is not a weakness, its the kindest thing you can do for yourself and others.

I do not doubt you have the leadership skill, communication skill, and RP skill to be a HoS, but the other areas, and overall emotional robustness are still lacking. Please take on board what everyone has said to you on this thread. No one is out to make you feel unwelcome or unwanted, and people are trying to be as constructive as they possibly can be. If you can do this, improve your overall mindset and attitude, and provide a more sincere application next time about why you as a player should be a HoS and not Naomi, then we'll have a potential recommendation.

Messages In This Thread
HoS Application - Naomi Armitage - by tabachi - 07-23-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: HoS Application - Naomi Armitage - by tabachi - 07-23-2022, 09:09 PM
RE: HoS Application - Naomi Armitage - by Wrench-1 - 07-24-2022, 11:56 AM
RE: HoS Application - Naomi Armitage - by Caro - 09-05-2022, 12:19 PM