Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ideas and opinions on Chaplain as a Job!
The gist of the thread is to suggest features that could enhance the RP potential and job identity of the Chaplain.

Right now I think the chaplain is really just a valid-hunting machine that gets a lot of tools to kill all the baddies, but not many tools to actually be a chaplain or make an interesting religion, following, etc.

There's also some features that I just think are kind of scuffed, like bible healing. Random chances to heal or deal brain damage make the bible a really strong tool to just destroy some folks with, along with all the other tools. But the main issue i have is being an atheist cuts the brain damage down to five, which implies being religious gives a larger amount of brain damage, which is kind of scuffed. Talked on the forums and the main reason was balance due to atheists not having an upside to being hit with the bible, but from a glance it did not read like that at all and I think most people will generally not see the balance implications but the awkward differences between brain damage values. It's also just kind of weird to let the chaplain casually kill people by accident trying to heal them, cause then it kind of breaks some rules unintentionally.

A change I'd be interested in seeing is allowing the chaplain to re-skin their holy book to a multitude of religions, both based on reality and also pop culture figures like the king in yellow, and other similar icons. Right now the chaplain book is dedicated solely to the christian bible, which isn't a big deal, but it's kind of hard to say "i'm a follower of xyz" when you have the testament in your hands. Technically it's vague and doesn't state the religion, but the big cross kind of lives little to the imagination.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what opinions people have and what ideas everyone can share for Chaplain, and how people think chaplain as an actual job holds up. 🐝

Messages In This Thread
Ideas and opinions on Chaplain as a Job! - by MomoBerry - 07-03-2022, 12:53 AM