HoS Application - Quentin Salami
Usual character name: Quentin Salami
BYOND username: Elia2904
Discord username (if you are on our discord):  elia2904#0996
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goon 1

Reason for application:
I really like to play the role of a security officer, is a very funny experience to me but I noticed that when there is no HoS the department can be a bit lost at times, I’d like to be a guide in these cases since the experience can be more enjoyable for evrybody this way and the figure that does that is the HoS. I think that I can be a good example for the new security members and I can teach them to not always put the baton out as a first resource but words can be a tool that saves time to you and the crew in some cases. And to be honest I’d also like to try the role of the Nanotrasen Security Operative.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I started playing as a security officer early after I started playing the game without doing first the right preparation as an assistant and for that reason, I have to say, I was a terrible officer. I was not fully understanding all the basic mechanics of the game, I was not very communicative and for most of the round I was just wandering the halls of the station in search of some crimes.
I learned fast that this is not the way to play security and so in time I started using more and more the radio to communicate with my team and using alerts.
Since the beginning I always had an eye on the space law page. I’ve always found that a good place to find sentences time if used with good sense. Personally I’ve never put someone in a cell indefinitely or with a sentence over the 5 minutes. I think is not a great move because as I’m trying to have a good time even the antagonists do and for this reason I never do that. I tend to not kill the antags if I do not have to. For example, I try to muzzle the vampires and if I really have to kill someone I bring his brain to robotics so he can keep playing. Nobody likes to get spaced and wait 20 minutes for the next round after all.
As for the teaching I haven’t taught to many new security members except for a couple of security assistants but if I see someone in need I can help him because is fun, because will make him a better officer and so we all are going to get more fun in the end by our future rounds.
As for the fights (nukies for example) I reached a point where I can finally say that I can apply to HoS without the fear of being a dead weight to the team as I was in my early rounds.
And I think that’s all. That is my exoerience. I also played as detective and security assistant but i played way more the security officer role.
I saw a lot of HoS with different playstiles and i wanna be one that spares someone and brig him instead of one that kills at the first crime. Even if the offender is an antag.
After a while that i played i started to remember players names and avatars. Now i'm preatty happy when i find someone that I know is a good sec member. Because I know that I have someone to count on

Sidenote: I want to apologize for my English. It’s not my first language and if I made some mistakes, please be merciful but do not fear to point them out.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?

- First communicate with your team, I cannot stress this enough. If you do not you will not be able to know what are the current problems and you will not be able to inform your team of bad things that are going on. This might seams like nothing in the first rounds as sec but makes a huge difference. Do not make my same mistake.
    -If possible talk before you act! If there is not a situation of danger and you can do it try to talk to a person set as “to arrest” instead of just hitting it with the baton and arresting them on sight. Check his crimes. A lot of times are just underage drinking or jailbirds at the start of the round so is not great to take them back to security for all the procedure because it can take a while sometimes and for minors crime can be not a wise move.
    -Use the alert button. It saves your life a lot of times.

• What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)

I had my favourite security moment one of the first time I played as the AI of the station. I have to say  that is nothing really exciting but I was the AI and I played a lot with the security because we were chasing some antagonists, vampires if I’m not wrong. You can say that is just a standard game but this was my first time I REALLY interacted with the security department and I felt for the first time as part of a team in this game. In that moment I understood that the security department had a lot of fun potential. And I was right. There were a lot of security moments more exciting than this but since this was the first it has a special place in my heart.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    “A new chapter
    A new opportunity
    A new job
    Again a new team
    So similar and yet so different this time
    A new beret
    Will I desearve it?
    I hope so
    But only with time we will see”

is not great and does not rhyme… I know I’m bad at this.

• Draw a picture!
    I’d like but I’m terrible with art.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
None

Messages In This Thread
HoS Application - Quentin Salami - by elia2904 - 06-26-2022, 05:42 PM
RE: HoS Application - Quentin Salami - by Chayot - 07-05-2022, 03:02 PM
RE: HoS Application - Quentin Salami - by Lyfaen - 07-13-2022, 02:38 AM
RE: HoS Application - Quentin Salami - by Corny - 07-13-2022, 06:52 AM
RE: HoS Application - Quentin Salami - by Caro - 09-05-2022, 12:34 PM