Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws.
(06-19-2022, 05:56 AM)amylizzle Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 05:24 AM)Mouse Wrote: Gonna be honest I'm not a fan of any rule change that requires the AI to ignore parts of the laws.  People are still going to put them in, and new silicon players will be especially confused.  I can't see this doing anything other than causing annoyance.

We do already have those though - you can ignore laws that force you to say things, you can ignore laws that force you to suicide. You are explicitly required to ignore laws that conflict with other laws (ie, law 4: murder this dude - conflicts with law 1). This just removes another annoying caveat that you have to puzzle out as AI - simplifying things, not making them more complex. Law precedence would be determined exclusively by law ordering - anything else is nonsense and can and should be ignored.

Most players don't know that you can ignore speech laws and follow them anyways, and I have literally never heard of being allowed to ignore suicide laws.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws. - by Mouse - 06-19-2022, 08:12 AM