Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is there a Blond Guy in my podbay ?
Since a couple days ago, I tryed a new gimmick. The Podbay Commander (Or Podbay Manager, Head of Podbay, Head of Landing, etc... depending on the HoP ;p). And its... Fun. Its quite simple : Make more pods, do a little log of people who take off and land pods, make advise to pilot, and prevent pod theft (its not real pod theft, more like pod never coming back on station, left in space.) Its not a command role, and don't require extra access (I just ask for a green ID for the Drip). And the Rp interaction are great : From the adventurous Staff Assistant, to the scienceman wanting to blow up the space dinner, with the crimer trying to escape sec but is meet by 9 pods all locked.  

Speaking of that, I made this post to have general feedback on the gimmick (that I intend to play ALOT).

1. Do you think I should remove the locks ? There are pro and cons for unlocked. 

Pro :
- Well with no lock, its faster to get in a pod and get out in space.
- In case of emergency, its faster. 
-If I take a break, pods are still available
Cons : 
-Its harder to catch some Criminals
-Its harder too log the Entry-Sortie
-Pod are just easier to loose (people sometimes dont really care and leave the pod in space)

Solution I found : When There are more that 40-45 players, I lock the pods. Under, I just unlock them. I also left sometimes some unlocked pods with locked once. When I look pods, I tell over PDA too Medbay and Sec a code to 2 different Pod. And of course, every pods is still free to use. 

2. How much pods is enough ?

For me the ideal pod number is 4. And arround 6 Miniputt (Im talking with Civilian Type, in big podbays like Donuts/Both Gogmaps and Oshan) 
Too low, its not very good. Too much ? Podbay is unusable. 

[Image: unknown.png]

3. Should I make more external Podbay ?

On certain Maps, the Public Podbay can be quite small (Both Cogmaps, Donut 3 Public Podbays are awesome. Kondaru's is meh,  but has many Podbay around the station, Oshan's is Okay, Destiny's and Atlas are small, and Clarion's is... did you know that there is not even a Pod fabricator ?) 

One solution I found is too make a second podbay right outside. Works best with Cogmap 1 because there is a airlock leading too space, but works with smaller maps like destiny, takes a bit of time, but is worth it. 

[Image: unknown.png?width=784&height=676]

I will also take any kind of complaints, suggestion ... 
One day I wish that there will be a Pilot Departement, and podbay will be more like a Space Traffic Control and not like a Pod Ramming/Warping festival... And that there is a pod ready for anyone

Messages In This Thread
Why is there a Blond Guy in my podbay ? - by Delta_Dav - 06-09-2022, 09:18 PM