Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most (If not all) gloves should have the same properties as latex on RP
(06-08-2022, 04:26 PM)Maegor Wrote: I think this is really unneeded. Each gloves already has their own ID you can identify, and if someone is going through the trouble of juggling multiple pairs, they deserve the extra seafety

I think the biggest problem is... it gets dull. Who killed this guy.. OOH LOOK INSULS!
Who broke this door? SAME INSULS!
Then security starts scanning every one wearing insuls, but they switched... so now new insuls.

On RP it's getting a lil tired to see the same gloves being used for everything. And the biggest problem is...
These gloves are very common, so insted of investigating possible clues who it was.. you end up scanning every insul glove.

So what if insuls would give some slight prints away? Now you need insuls to safely break doors so you won't get shocked, but need more assured gloves that won't give prints that won't protect you from shocks. Suddenly the dynamic on gloves becomes less: "It's insuls again" but more like.. the traitor/antag has used special gloves to mask themselves but in the risk of shocking themselves...
It won't give away the traitor if they use Insuls, just make them a suspect, unless it's obivious they entered somewhere they ain't suppose to and something happened there.

I'd say insuls should NOT give that protection on your fingerprints, but other gloves like Black Fibers (like the detective/QM) do. I also know just plating these gloves with black rubber/synth rubber will help as well, but... that only makes those gloves stand out more and again. Thus now the traitor needs to be abit more stealthy.

It's a small nerf to traitors and I know people think security is OP these days on classic, but on RP antags get alot of lenientcy and having them have to not rely only on those damn insuls every time... and having to either risk being shocked or make special gloves that stick out (or make special antag gloves).. is abit more fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most (If not all) gloves should have the same properties as latex on RP - by Kotlol - 06-09-2022, 12:42 AM