Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most (If not all) gloves should have the same properties as latex on RP
Hey all,

Recently discovered the forensics mechanic and instantly found myself enjoying it, but discovered that the majority of gloves (that are very easy to get a hold of) give you full forensics invulnerability in terms of fingerprints except for latex gloves. What latex gloves do, however, is far more interesting: they obscure parts of your fingerprints. Now you might be thinking: "How does this factor into RP and why should other gloves be changed to perform a similar kind of thing?", well I'll tell you! It provides more enjoyment in terms of finding the villain's identity; instead of it being either "We got his fingerprints" or "We didn't get his fingerprints" it's more like: "We recovered half of his fingerprints, get us a couple more samples and we should be able to piece together a proper fingerprint". I believe this would make forensics in general more fun, as any 2-bit crimer can simply walk over to the dojo, grab some of the gloves there, and have their fingerprints instantly obscured. Perhaps also, for the sake of gloves being basically all on the same level, different types of gloves give less or more of the fingerprints away depending on how difficult it is to get your hands on the gloves, meaning a discreet, well-equipped crimer could still give Sec a hard time in finding his real identity.
Anyhow, thanks for reading through the idea/suggestion! queen greater domestic space-bee

Messages In This Thread
Most (If not all) gloves should have the same properties as latex on RP - by SenExus - 06-07-2022, 11:17 AM