Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adding emergency auto-injector to chemmaster
Hey there,

this isnt a request, its an thread for a discussion.
i wanted the chemmaster to be able to make emergency auto-injectors, as those can be an great advantage for medical staff, and also to hand them out to people (Potassium iodide injector for miner, here you go!)

soo.. i coded it. And while i tested i was annoyed beeing able to only make them one by one.. so i added a boxed version. (That box would still need to be designed, i just took a blank box for coding. thats also the actual reason i didnt make a PR yet, as my frind who knows spriting isnt available today smile ).

So now the chemmaster is able to make single emergency auto-injectors (up to 10u), or multiple, boxed or not boxed ones with 5-10u capacity each (like pills). But im starting to think that boxing them might be too powerfull. The box works like a pill bottle, you have to take the injector out, cant be used from the box directly.

When i asked arround in imcoder, i was told, they could be too powerfull if not whitelistet (i agree).. so i took the hypospray whitelist. But, as there are available auto-injectors, i also took the chemicals from there, and added them to another whitelist only for auto-injectors. Also added the last 4 to the list myself, as they have their uses too in my opinion. This would extend the whitelist by
Code:
"atropine", "calomel", "heparin", "proconvertin", "filgrastim", "lexorin", "haloperidol", "strange_reagent", "water", "sugar"

( i removed morphine from the list, and didnt add ether.. both were in my first list i posted on discord).

as usualy, emag disables that whitelist, put in them whatever you dare then wink

current github link: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...chemmaster

Now for me to discuss would be the boxed version of emergency auto-injector (too powerfull, or nice? or any other idea how to make this behave nicely?
And also for discussion is the extended whitelist.

And to not spoil other opinions i added mine in an extra reply.

Im thinking about to limit the auto-injector box to like.. 2-5 (i still dont know if thats wise, but i like the idea of an little pencil case with 2 of them in it, and a box with 5 of them in it.. those ideas actualy came after i wrote initial post).

About the chemicals.:

Atropine: is used for heavy crit patients. Yes, it causes dizziness, and fatigue, but.. the medical value is very high. Also there are 4 availbale in the porta-med. Also it shouldnt be able to kill you on it own.

calomel: it flushes out chemicals, and shouldnt be able to kill you (but causes some damage)

heparin: i added it, as there are also injectors of it in porta-mend. you would need 3 injectors to OD.

proconvertin: i added it, as there are also injectors of it in porta-mend.

Filgrastim: i honestly dont understand, why its not even on hypospray whitelist.. its super hard to make, and extremly usefull for those vampire victims. also was available in porta-mend

lexorin: i added it, as there are also injectors of it in porta-mend... i think.. not sure about this one honestly.

haloperidol: even though this one has some nasty effects, it added the ability to cure space madness and berserker.. people tend to run arround, and are hard to get, so this one would help in curing those.. i dont want to always have to call sec to stun them...

strange_reagent, water: resurection, in neatly dosage smile

sugar: i.. just wanted too after i saw insulin and added water to list.. big grin

morphine: there are injectors of it in the code, but not in porta-mend. it take some time to knock you out, but it does so.. so i didnt add it.

ether: my calculation told me, 1 injector wouldnt be enough to knock you out. reality showed you, that close to the end of the time in your body it does knock you out for a very short time.. its still some time till it takes effect.

Messages In This Thread
Adding emergency auto-injector to chemmaster - by Aivaria - 05-26-2022, 06:12 AM