Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Kudzupeople or make some big changes
(05-29-2022, 04:13 PM)Chayot Wrote: A certain Dev already has ideas for Kudzu, however has simply yet to finish them--they regard Kudzu as being only partially finished.
The logs seem to have been deleted thanks to spacebee, it went something like this.

In short, it's meant to be an Antagonist--eventually.
Their build-up will be slow, mostly harmless, featuring pretty plants and the skittering kudzu-person.
Over time, they will accrue "points" (TBD) and begin orienting towards a tower-defense playstyle.
Kudzu will be able to spend points to create defenses; obstacles, turrets, etc.
Or "evolve" into higher-tier Kudzu. Kudzu-Warriors, potentially a Queen(/King).

Personally, I love that they add a Third faction to the round vying for space, resources, etc.
It's always really fun.

That said I can understand the concerns such as crew suiciding onto Kudzu to gain Antag status.
Though the same can technically be done with a vampire, it may be much more prevalent with Kudzu. 
Myself, I throw corpses onto Kudzu when they're rotten/cloner is broken. This could be a self-antagonist offense.
So the rules might get weird at that time.

This sounds like blob but tower defense style.

Also with the vampire you got the following things:
1: The vampire needs to have alot of blood drunk.
2: The vampire decides what the thralls will do, disobdience means death or an admin bonk.
3: Same can be said of Mind Slaving and Emagging a borg.

So all of these require an ANTAGONIST to do this. With Kudzu it's the choice of the player fully. That's the big difference. With Kudzu you can decide yourself to die on it. Where as the others you become an "ANTAGONIST MINION"

My opinion on the tower defense one? Make it for the antag kudzu but have absorbing bodies give points and turn those bodies into turrets. (Similiar to we saw a flower germinate on a monkey) or what I suggested before.. An Aggresive AI will take over their body as a "Kudzu zombie type"

This is why we want to split Kudzu into Beingn and Aggresive period. Since people want to be either an antag kudzu or nice botanist kudzu, but as it is now, you can do both.. but most try to be antagonistic due to the Kudzu being "unknown" or get horribly murdered even if good or bad.

By splitting them into good and evil. There is no more ambigiouty (wich I am sad to see go but hey), but now good kudzu players cannot turn evil unless there is an evil kudzu person that can convert them or something.
The good kudzu can be used to help botanists and medbay and cargo, where as the evil kudzu is a station effort to kill, but insted of it being a distraction from a traitor/spy putting it down while they setup a bomb in another corner of the map... they have to actively work with it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove Kudzupeople or make some big changes - by Kotlol - 05-30-2022, 02:55 AM