Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Kudzupeople or make some big changes
(05-29-2022, 04:23 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 08:17 PM)Rilor Wrote: Personally I like kudzupeople as a concept a lot. My personal solution would be to split kudzupeople into two so that we can have both interpretations of kudzupeople.

One version of kudzu that doesnt spread and doesnt slow people down or block line of sight which I'm going to call benign kudzu. The kudzupeople that come from this benign kudzu explicitly aren't antagonists. They would focus on utility with most of the same abilities of current kudzupeople with some more stuff to do and more ways to help the crew. Instead of coming from a traitor this benign kudzu could come from a botany mutation of grass or something. and finally, it could be nice if this version of kudzu could have a bit more fire resistance so that the kudzu botanists don't have to stop smoking weed when they convert.

The other version of kudzu I'm going to call War-Kudzu which spread like kudzu currently does but looks distinct from the benign kudzu above (maybe with spikes or something). Comming from an antagonist planting it, the Kudzusoldiers that come from it would be explicitly antagonists, have more offensive and defensive abilities and could maybe function as a rare-ish standalone conversion antagonist? (Obviously people would be told that dying on it on purpose is against the rules)

Going to be honest the former requires a lot less work than the latter and not entirely sure either suggestion is something anyone other than me wants. But thats my suggestion

Can I say this for War Kudzu? Don't have players that die on it become antagonists, just their bodies become husks and an AGGRESIVE AI TAKES OVER!
Why?
Cause then people wouldn't want to DIE to become antagonists. We still get Kudzu cults vs WAR KUDZU... but it's similiar to signal cults. People know if you convert your body is no longer under control. Also now you can throw monkeys onto war kudzu to start a monkey kudzu army too.
Also make it more expensive due to this.
Now everyone wants to kill the kudzu since if you die to it... you lose control of your charater wich is bad.

For beingn kudzu. This could be done by eating a kudzu seat when grown from a botanist. Now we got "NATURALIST BOTANISTS" Also beingn kudzu people should not be dieing on top of Kudzu anymore.... but they do get healed/revived/gain energy on top of it. This is so the new kudzu botanists can still move freely and won't grow their shit everywhere just so they can move. Kudzu beingn people also get the "whip abillity" to defend themselves and convert kudzu to trays and such, but if they use it to attack people you can arrest them.
Also if an antag takes this seed they will lose their antag status... since at that point you chose to be good.

This is a pretty good set of ideas.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove Kudzupeople or make some big changes - by DioChasek - 05-29-2022, 06:59 AM